- Calvary Cemetery was established in 1890 by Bishop James McGolrick, the first bishop of the Diocese of Duluth.
- 130 acre property with approximately 70 acres of developed burial lots
- First recorded burials in 1892 with over 22,000 burials to date
- Final resting place for 4 Bishops and 76 Priests that served the Diocese of Duluth
- Special Places at Calvary Cemetery
- Priest Circle
- Soldier's Rest exclusively for military veterans
- Infant section
- Shrine for the unborn maintained by Knights of Columbus
- St. Mary's Grief Support Garden
On July 15, 2017 a very special service took place at Calvary Cemetery when United States Marine Corps Sergeant James Joseph Hubert, killed in the Battle of Tarawa, was repatriated home to Duluth. His remains were interred in the Soldier's Rest area of the cemetery.For more information click on this link.